Friday, June 30, 2006

The Mighty Yammer: 47




This week has been steady. Got Albert & myrtle almost finished (line-art wise), so that strip ‘should’ be delivered soon.

I’ve had some nice strips sorted for Lost Property 03, so I’m pleased to see work beginning to trickle in for that.

FutureQuake garnered a pair of mentions in the current Comics International, which I’ll post here, and one of which raises an interesting question: What is the best format for presenting comics on t’internet? We currently have pdf’s of 1-3 on the FutureQuake website, with 4 to follow this summer. I can just sort another pdf, but is it the right thing to do?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I’ve had to replace the home printer and scanner this week, so I bought a lovely new HP printer/scanner from PC world. The quality of the scans is markedly up on my previous machine so I’m well chuffed.

Dave

3 comments:

VickyS said...

oh oh does that mean that you'll be getting asked to do all the printing & scanning work ?

the quality of the A3 printer & PC at my new work is awesome, i can't even start to think of thick shiney coloured projects its just too advanced for me.

any sign of that wild west wendy review in CI ?

Anonymous said...

Hmm...there's no such thing as bad publicity I guess...wonder if that is still true these days on the web...

Bou...you should make sure that David Knight (House Of Usher) he does reviews you know...

What is a YAMMER by the way...??? Is this something that one might see at Legs 11???

Anonymous said...

I was pondering the issue of displaying webcomics online recently and knocked up a quick script here. It just slaps in next/previous links so people can work through the strip from start to finish. I suppose its about mkaing use of the advantages of the medium (which is the ease of navigation)

I do like the idea of being able to click the image to move to the next one - I might give that a shot at some point.